About Me Power Point

Tuesday, January 25/Wednesday, January 26

Thursday, January 27/Friday, January 28

Monday, January 31/Tuesday, February 1

Due: Tuesday @ 11:59 p.m. must be finished.

Learning Targets:

Students will be able to:

• create a new Power Point Online file.
  • create a Power Point about themselves.

Agenda:

1. Attendance.
  2. Students will use Power Point Online to create a Power Point about themselves.
  3. Log into your school district email via Chrome or another browser.
  4. Open the most recent email sent from Mrs. Myers.  Open the file–it is a BLANK Power Point presentation that you will fill in to tell me about yourself.
    • because this is in Power Point Online, it automatically saves each time you make changes (as long as there is an internet connection).
  5. No need to submit–I’ve got your presentation since I am the creator!
  6. You may find something quiet to do when you are finished.

NOTE: 

• You will not actually present this.  This is a way for me to get to know you, so please make a good impression!
  • Because this is in Power Point Online, it automatically saves each time you make changes (as long as there is an internet connection).
  • You may select the theme, font, font size, color, etc., as long as I can read it.  Comic Sans is gross.
  • You will follow the parameters in the following section to enter the content of your presentation.
  • You may use either graphics, clip art, or your own photographs to add visual appeal.  Please consider your audience.
  • You do not have to include the topic/question on the slide if your slide alludes to said topic.  Example:  If you put a picture of a dog on your pet slide, you do not need to label it pets if you do not want to.

Your PowerPoint must include the following in the following order*:

You may change the order only if you need to create extra slides OR if you would like to move your choice slides somewhere else.

1. First and Last Name, Class Period
  2. What is your birthday and age?  What has been/would be the best birthday gift ever?
  3. What school/schools did you previously attend?
  4. Who are your parents/guardians/siblings?
  5. List your pets–if no pets, what is your dream pet?
  6. Tell me about your friends!  Who are they?
  7. Tell me about a teacher or other adult who has had an impact on your life.  How?
  8. What do you like to do for fun or enjoyment?
  9. List 3-5 bands/musicians/performers you enjoy listening to.
  10. I’ve always wanted to try _____.
  11. List your 5 favorite foods!
  12. My favorite ____ is ____.  (Example: My favorite day of the week is Monday!)
  13. My favorite ____ is ____. (Another example: My favorite place to travel is Greece!)
  14. You pick what goes on this slide, but it has to be something that tells me about you, your likes, or interests.
  15. You pick what goes on this slide, but it has to be something that tells me about you, your likes, or interests.
  16. You pick what goes on this slide, but it has to be something that tells me about you, your likes, or interests.
  17. You pick what goes on this slide, but it has to be something that tells me about you, your likes, or interests.
  18. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?  Who would you take with you?
  19. Congratulations!  You just won a free time travel ticket! Tell me, where are you going? What are you going to do!?
  20. What do you want to do when you grow up?  You CAN NOT write IDK or anything along those lines. PICK SOMETHING.
  21. Thank your audience!

The PowerPoint itself must include:

• 21+ Slides
  • Color and razzle dazzle on every slide–make it pretty!
  • All slides in the aforementioned order.
  • At least one picture, graphic, icon, OR clipart on each slide.  I need some visuals!

Total: _____/30

PLEASE NOTE:

PowerPoint Online automatically saves.

Performance of Understanding:

• About Me PowerPoint